Blog wise, this week has been quite uneventful. Matter of fact, my blog has been somewhat dead for the past few days, because I've been so busy with the hoopla of writing.
First of all, I want to thank my beta readers (Shannelle, Lesley, Lillian, and Nevey,Eve, Meg and anyone who commented on "I Have News"..I'm looking at you!). That's a big part of what's been keeping me busy this week. You see, I'm rewriting my book from scratch. The plot and story line are the same, but when I went over the older chapters, I was unsatisfied with the way they were written, so here I am, rewriting. It's quite stressful, but fun nonetheless!
As to the traditional vs. self publishing, I think I've made a decision: As soon as the book is finished, I'm going to self publish it. I'll still query agents and small presses, but I think self publishing is more fun, and it'll give me more control. It's what I've always wanted anyway.
- I had a conversation with an imaginary publisher.. because I can.
- I reviewed I Hunt Killers, and ousted Barry Lyga's secret.
- I wrote a terrible ending to The Hunger Games.
This Week's featured blog: N-Writings. A series of 100 characters short stories/musings. How awesome is that?! Go check out my favourite one.
Around The Blogosphere:
- Asti discusses social media and blogging.
- Meg discusses sidebars in blogs, and what they should have.
- Charlotte asks who reads your blog, and adds a poll to go with it.
- Charlotte also discusses pitches on book covers
- Jasmine talks about the hard life of a student-blogger.
- Eve urges villains to try a little harder.
- Katie's YA Around the World features EGYPT this week (this is awesome).
- Shannelle discusses whether facebook is worth using or not.
- Books And Sensibility are featuring authors under 25!
- Betty discusses books that make her want to VOM (hilarious!)
- Kayla talks about DNFing books.
Till next week ;)