Armchair BEA Day 1: Introductions


on

3 comments




If you're a book blogger who can't attend Book Expo America and the Book Blogger Convention in New York this May, you don't have to miss all the fun - this virtual convention is the place to be!

1.Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?                                         

I'm a highschool student, whose reading sometimes interferes with their studying. Just kidding. It's my studying that's interfering with my reading. Stupid diploma. I used to write some musings on my computer for the past couple of years, and I'd either send them to my local magazine (one got published) or leave them to collect virtual dust on my computer. A friend of mine, a fellow book fanatic pitched me the idea of blogging, and although it was overwhelming at first, I really wanted to get out all the ideas I had for people to read. Add to that that I really wanted to meet people with the same tastes as mine, and here I am, blogging. I've been blogging for close to six months now, and I'm finally getting to know other bloggers better.

2.Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures.                     

This one takes most people by surprise, but I'm blogging from Alexandria, Egypt. Alexandria is the second most populated city in Egypt, after the capital, Cairo. A few hundred years ago, it used to be the capital, and that's why it's still popular till this day. It's one of many coastal cities in Egypt, and certainly the most beautiful one out there. No, I take that back, Hurgada and Sharm El Sheikh are the most beautiful. Anyway, I live really close to Bibliotheca Alexandrina, or the Library of Alexandria. It's one of the grandest libraries in Egypt, and it's stands in the same place of the old Library of Alexandria, whch was one of the most important libraries in ancient world. The old library was built 
323–283 BC. Some say it was burned down by Julius Caesar.

You'd think I spend my nights and days at the Library, but in fact, I've only been there twice. I know, I know, I suck. I should visit more, and I plan on doing so.




3.Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to  the event?                                                                                                                                        

This is my first time participating. I started blogging so I can get to know other awesome bloggers, and this seems like the ideal opportunity. 

4.What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?  

                                                                                     
    

I'm currently reading The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas. It's going a little rough, but we shall see. 

5.Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.                                                                                      

I make killer pancakes, and I'm really good at belly dancing.


6.
Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s).

I have a group on Bloglovin' of my favourite blogs, but you can find the ones I mostly check out here.

Although not all of them have anything in common, the ones I like usually have great discussion posts, and useful reviews.

7. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read? 

Although it's not my absolute favorite, and it's quite short, my post Dystopias is one of the earliest I've written, and so it didn't get much visits because I was just starting out.

8. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? 

Hmm, I think it would be Laini Taylor. We could talk about drawing or reading or writing or anything. She's an artist and I have so much to learn from her.

9. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why? 

I don't have any literary locations in mind, but here's the thing. There's a lot of places I want to visit so I can enjoy some reading time there. Here's an example:



Ughhh, leave me here and come take me a week later.

10. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? 

The discussion posts, ofcourse. The comments I leave on other blogs and the comments I get are the best thing. I love seeing a blogger who has something in common with me, or if I find a post I can relate to.

11. Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?


I admit, I saw a similar answer on some other blog, but I can totally relate to it: As a blogger overseas and a couple of continents away, I'd love it if there was a chance for international readers to meet the authors and have better access to reading events. I know it's hard to bring authors overseas, but maybe we can take more advantages of things like, skype or google hangouts so we can talk to our favorite authors.


Let me know if you're participating in Armchair BEA! 

3 comments

  1. Tanya Patrice

Leave a Reply