6 Reasons to Like Villains


on

9 comments



   They're my favorite characters out of every novel. In fact, later this week, I'll get into detail into why I like villains so much. (Hint: It's because I'm one of them.) But for now, I made you a handy list on why you too should like those evil creatures.



 1. They're the underdogs

   Voldemort? Killed by a spell. Tom? Jerry used to give him a shiner every two seconds. President Snow? Let's not even get into that. One way or another, these poor fellas always face their terrible fate. It's so unfair. 

2.They're smarter than the MC 

I can't count how many times a dumbass hero managed by some divine miracle to outsmart a criminal mastermind. Aside of being completely unrealistic, why do writers insist on not giving them enough credit for their smartness?


3. They got swag 

  Voldemort? 


Rocking that robe like a noseless boss.




Joker?



He kinda looks like me with my make up on.




Snape?




4. They're commited to their job

Most of these villain spend years and years honing their evil plans. Talk about work ethics.


5. They're not loved enough 


Ohh my godd! Would you look at that puppy face!





Umm, well, maybe it's just the camera angle...





6. They can easily kill you 


When all else fails, just remember they're not to be messed with. They can easily kill you. They do it for a living. So, yeah, unless you're the main character, join their side or get wasted.



So yes, I wholeheartedly encourage rooting for the villain. Unless it's Dolores Umbridge. That bitch deserves no love. In the end, I will leave you with the wise word of Barney Stinson: "Karate Kid's a great movie. It's the story of a hopeful young karate enthusiast whose dreams and moxie take him all the way to the All Valley Karate Championships. Of course, sadly, he loses in the final round to that nerd kid. But he learns an important lesson about gracefully accepting defeat.


9 comments

  1. Asti C
  2. Reem Ibrahim

Leave a Reply